Intersegmental Traction therapy
Intersegmental Traction therapy is a chiropractic/physiotherapy modality that works to stretch and elongate the muscles supporting spine. There are many benefits from patient who received intersegmental traction therapy.
When your posture and mobility are compromised, some muscles along your spine tighten while others become weak and fatigued. Consequently, it will affect the muscles and ligaments which makes the spinal correction more difficult.
What is the benifit of Intersegmental traction therapy?
- Joint motion– Lie relaxed, face-up on our table, rollers beneath the surface slow travel up and down your spine. This adds motion to each spinal segment, the key to restoring improved spinal function.
- Improved circulation– The gentle stretching of supporting muscles and soft tissues increases oxygen and blood flow, essential for healing.
- Muscle relaxation– When muscles relax and spasms subside, healing and the recovery process from a spinal injury can be accelerated.
- Reduces swelling– New injuries are often accompanied by edema and fluid build up. Motion to spinal joints reduces this protective mechanism and sets the stage for better healing.
- Disc hydration– With blood supply to the discs almost nonexistent, disc nutrition and healing depend upon the circulation of fluids surrounding each join. Intersegmental traction therapy helps circulate these fluids, supplying nutrition and removing cellular wastes.
- Passive exercise– Like stretching before a workout, intersegmental traction helps restore elasticity to muscles supporting the spine. This helps break up adhesions and scar tissue, making your chiropractic adjustments more effective.
- Feels great – You’ll love the relaxation. It is good for you and is an important adjunctive procedure that enhances the effects of your chiropractic care.
How long does Intersegmental therapy last?
- The sessions last about 10-15 minutes. It could be either before or after your chiropractic adjustments. As a result, intersegmental traction therapy help retrain your spine. It also help to establish better support, for improve mobility and reduce the effects of scar tissue.